GOLF TIPS

 
Follow JL on:   Tips from the TOUR on Facebook   Golf Tips Tips from the TOUR on Facebook   Outings Golf Outings on Facebook   Twittertwitter   LinkedIn LinkedIn  
             
 

Golf tip for proper equipment

Proper

Equipment

Golf tip for fundamentials

Fundamentals

Golf tip for practice technique

Practice

Technique

Golf tip for short game

Short Game

Golf tip for putting

Putting

Golf tip for physical routine

Physical

Routine

 
               
 

Golf tip for long game

Long Game 1

Golf tip for long game

Long Game 2

Golf tip for long game

Long Game 3

Golf tip for on the course

On the Course

Golf tip for course management

Course

Management

Golf tip for attitude-choices

Choices

 
 
         
     

Proper Equipment


To properly select clubs, go to an outdoor club fitting center and hit several different 5 irons, 9 irons, and drivers to determine which clubs produce the best ball flight.

 
     
 
Golf tip for proper equipment selection
 
         
     

Fundamentals

 

Review all the basic fundamentals of grip, stance, posture, and ball position at least once a week. Swing flaws can be fixed by having correct fundamentals.

 
     
 
Golf tip for fundamentals
 
         
     

Practice Techniques

 

Practice shots on the range that can be used in competition. Play shots in competition that have been practiced on the range.

 
     
 
Golf tip for practice techniques
 
         
     

Short Game


For more control and better contact on pitch and chip shots make sure the follow through matches the length and shape of the backswing. Have good rhythm and keep the triangle between the arms back and through.

 
     
 
Golf tip for your short game
 
         
     

Putting

 

A putting stroke should feel like there is no hit at the ball. Make a practice stroke and let the ball get in the way.

 
     
 
Golf tip for putting
 
         
     

Physical Routine

 

A right handed golfer should swing 20 times a day left handed to balance out the golf swing muscles.

 
     
 
Golf tip for your physical routine
 
         
     

Long Game 1


To improve timing, start with the club face slightly open eight inches behind the ball and make the swing. This gives the feeling of the correct backswing without having to think about it.

 
     
 
Golf tip for your long game
 
         
     

Long Game 2


The path of the swing determines 80% of where the ball starts off the club. The other 20% is determined by the angle of the club face at impact. A fundamentally sound swing will create a good swing path and a proper grip will help to square the club face at impact.

 
     
 
Golf tip for your long game
 
         
     

Long Game 3

 

To fix a slice turn the left hand slightly to the right on the grip and match the right hand to the left hand by lining up the V between the thumb and forefingers on each hand.

 
     
 
Golf tip for proper your long game
 
         
     

On the Course

 

The preshot routine should be exactly the same each shot. A sample preshot routine would be to: Get behind the ball. Pick a spot and intend where the ball should land. Visualize the shot. Line the club face up to the target, then, align the body with the club face. Waggle the club and make the swing.

 
     
 
Golf tip for on the course
 
         
     

Course Management

 

Play each hole mentally from the green back to the tee, this improves course management skills and helps to identify the best target on each shot.

 
     
 
Golf tip for course management
 
         
     

Choices

 

Learn to listen to the inner voice and the first thought when making decisions on the course and then commit to that decision.

 
     
 
Golf tip for attitude-choices
 
 

 

Pocket Pro

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I have had the privilege of playing golf with J.L. Lewis.  Reading the POCKET PRO is a constant review and instant reminder of the instruction I received on the course with J.L.  My scores have steadily improved.  I was shooting in the high 80s; now I shoot in the high 70s and I’m playing the best golf of my life." – Hart Peterson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I am using the “Pocket Pro” and I love it!  The very first tip I used (PUTTING FROM OFF THE GREEN, pg.23) worked like a charm.  My game has improved a lot just from the tips.  Thanks.” - Mike Lutgen

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pocket Pro